Very nice article on OK Log by Peter Bourgon. OK Log is a distributed and coördination-free log management system written in Go.
According to the README of the project, you may consider OK Log if...
- You're tailing your logs manually, find it annoying, and want to aggregate them without a lot of fuss
- You're using a hosted solution like Loggly, and want to move logs on-prem
- You're using Elasticsearch, but find it unreliable, difficult to operate, or don't use many of its features
- You're using a custom log pipeline with e.g. Fluentd or Logstash, and having performance problems
- You just wanna, like, grep your logs — why is this all so complicated?
Join in on the conversation with Vojtech Vitek when you subscribe to Golang Toronto.